Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Fedora in the west village

Last night my husband and I had dinner out with our friends at Fedora.  Same guys who own the Little Owl, Joseph Leonard and Jeffrey's grocery run this place.  You have to call day of at 11am to get a reservation.  I literally stood by my phone waiting for the clock to strike 11 and I hit the dial buttons as fast as humanly possible.  I got through and got the reservation.  I couldn't have been more excited.  Isn't it funny how the harder it is to get the reservation, the more desirable the restaurant is to go to?  Pretty genius…keep this in mind if you're thinking of opening up shop one day.  ha.
  It was dark and cozy and the food was fabulous.  I loved every bite.  I started with an egg in a hole and then moved on to the fried chicken.  But it wasn't like normal fried chicken it was delish really well seasoned and breaded.  I'm not quite sure how to explain it to you but it was really juicy and tasty and I highly recommend this dish if you're not on a diet.
  We ended the meal with the Madelines and ice cream sammies.  Both fab.  Not to mention Oliver Platt was sitting a few seats away from us…and I think he's hilarious always and especially in the currently airing Big C on Showtime.  This place gets two greasy chicken fried thumbs up from LMF.
*photo above taken from NYMAG.

Fedora
Frnt A, 239 West 4th Street
New York, NY 10014
(646) 449-9336