Sunday, June 26, 2011

A little bit of peanut butter chocolate crescent roll heaven

By now you may have heard of this site called Pinterest.  My sister introduced it to me and I am fully addicted.  My Aunt said it best tonight "I'm going to have to go to Pinterest rehab".  It's such a fantastic site where you can browse photos that people have uploaded and you can "pin" them into your own boards which allows you to organize your images however you'd like and keep everything on file online.  Very cool and a great way to get inspiration for parties, ideas for recipes, style, kids, etc.
So as I was browsing last week I came across a picture of Pillsbury dough crescent rolls spread with peanut butter and it immediately caught my interest since I'm a huge fan of both…
When you click on a picture on Pinterest you can find the website that the picture came from.  This picture was from a site called For the Love of Cooking.  Such an adorable site!  With great recipes.  I was so excited to try this recipe since it's beyond easy and I had all ingredients on hand I whipped it up for breakfast the next morning.
First, you preheat the oven to 375.  I then took a tube of crescent rolls and laid out the triangles on a non stick baking sheet.  I slathered each with creamy peanut butter, sprinkled with some milk chocolate chips and rolled up as you normally would.  I cooked for 11 minutes and they came out golden and oozing with gooey deliciousness!  Now…just think what else I could stuff into these flakey treats?!  I'll have to get creative and keep you all posted on the results.